For a complete list of Ironturner projects for 2018 - click here for the List
2018 Ironturner project for April -
Round Off Your Skills • Turn a freeform spherical box. Circular jig cutting devices are not allowed.
** IronTurner Rules **
- You must be a member of good standing to participate.
- The item must have been turned by the member within the calendar year.
- The item may not have been previously shown at a club meeting.
- Pieces must be finished and have finish on it. No tenons or raw wood allowed.
- Projects are due the month of the meeting – no extensions. If you miss a meeting, the challenges (past and present) are due the first meeting that you attend.
- Example – You do not attend the March or April meetings and return in May. The projects for March, April and May are due at the May meeting
- If you know you will not be able to attend a meeting, you may bring the challenge in the month before.
- Example – You will not be able to attend the October meeting, so you may bring the September and October challenges in at the September meeting.
- Collaborative pieces are accepted, but the member must have turned at least 50% of the project Only one member can get credit for a collaborative piece (exception is any collaboration challenge).
- Members who complete each challenge throughout the year will receive a special prize package of turning-related goodies at the Holiday Party in December. Prize to be determined and you do not need to be present at the party to win.